Did you know that, with a land area of just over 720 square kilometres, Singapore is one of the smallest countries in the world?
Despite its small size, our beloved country is expensive as sh….oes. Think the Moon Star Shoes by Antonio Vietri.
The cost of having a car – and parking it – make no exception.
That’s thanks to the scarcity of land driving up the real estate prices, plus efficient public transportation. As a result, parking spaces are in high demand and can be very expensive. Coupled with inflation, we all need money fast.
However, there are still some places where you can find free parking in Singapore. If you know where to look, you can avoid paying exorbitant parking fees. Here are the cheat codes!
Where Can I Find Free All-Day Parking?
Let’s face it: we’ve all been there. You’re running late for an appointment, and you desperately need to find a parking spot. But all of the metered spots are taken, and you don’t have any change for the meter. In desperation, you spot an empty space in an all-day car park just a 20-minute walk from your destination.
Is there really free parking in Singapore?
For example, there’s no free parking for Orchard Mall, but you can always leave your car along the GCBs (Good Class Bungalow) at Jln Kelawar at no cost.
And so begins the longest 20 minutes of your life.
But that’s a small price to pay for the peace of mind that comes with knowing you won’t have to feed the meter every two hours.
Here’s where you can park for free 24/7:
- Dempsey Hill
- Adam Road Medical Centre
- Delta Hockey Pitch
- Giant Hypermarket Tampines
Here’s where you can get free parking for most of the day:
- JTC Aviation One and Two @ Seletar Aerospace Park: 7 am to 7 pm on Sunday and Public Holidays
- 35-43 Kranji Way: 7 am to 7 pm on Sunday and Public Holidays
- Biopolis: 5.01 pm to 6.59 pm the following day
- The Grandstand: 10 am to 10 pm
- IKEA Tampines: 10 am to 10 pm
- Courts Megastore: 7 am to 11 pm
- JTC BioMed One @ Tuas Biomedical Park, JTC CleanTech Two @ CleanTech Park, and JTC MedTech Hub @ MedTech Park: 7 am to 7 am the following day (On Sunday and Public Holidays)
- TradeHub 21: 8 am to 8 pm (Saturday and Sunday)
You can also find free night parking at:
- Berjaya Hotel
- JTC Aviation Two @ Seletar Aerospace Park
- JTC Aviation One @ Seletar Aerospace Park
- 35-43 Kranji Way
- 18 Tai Seng
- JTC BioMed One @ Tuas Biomedical Park
- JTC CleanTech Two @ CleanTech Park
- JTC MedTech Hub @ MedTech Park
Where Can I Find Free Parking for Parks and Nature Reserves?
We’ve all been there. You’re driving to your local park for a nature hike or to the beach for a relaxing day by the water when you see the dreaded sign: “No free parking.” Your heart sinks as you realise you’ll have to fork over your hard-earned cash just to park your car.
It’s doubly painful when you have credit card debts to repay.
But there’s a way to avoid this fate.
Here are the most beautiful nature reserves with free parking in Singapore:
- Changi Point Coastal Walk / Changi Beach (Car Park 1 to 6)
- Chinese Garden
- Japanese Garden
- Labrador Nature Reserve
- Mandai Orchid Garden
- Mount Faber Park
- Mount Faber Peak (Car Parks B & C)
- Pasir Ris Park (Car Park B and E)
- Reflections at Bukit Chandu
- Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve
Rather than incurring more debt on your credit card, Lending Bee can help you consolidate all of your loans and offer a lower monthly repayment. Find out more about our loans here.
Where Can I Find Free Parking at Shopping Malls?
Sian, tio saman liao!
Picture this: You finally find the perfect pair of shoes on sale after searching through what feels like every store in the mall. You’re about to head to the checkout when you realise you left your purse in the car. Grumbling, you trudge back to the parking lot, only to find that you’ve been ticketed for parking in the wrong spot.
As you search for loose change to feed the meter, it dawns on you that this wouldn’t have happened if parking had been free.
Fortunately, many malls now offer free parking if you meet their minimum spending conditions.
- There’s no free parking for Orchard Mall, but you can always leave your car along the GCBs (Good Class Bungalow) at Jln Kelawar at no cost.
- If you didn’t make the minimum amount required, look for cheaper nearby places to park your car. In the case of the most expensive Orchard Central parking, you can also leave your car at Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre, which only costs $1.20/ hour.
|Marina Bay Link Mall
|$30 for up to four hours of free parking
|$20 for a 2-hour free parking between 8am to 8pm
|Marina Bay Sands The Shoppes (Sands Rewards membership, which is free to join)
|$100 at participating outlets and establishments
|Resorts World Sentosa
|$50 at these dining outlets
|City Square Mall
|$30 for a 2-hour free parking
|$35 by Mastercard, or $50 by other modes of payment
|Jewel Changi Airport
|$50 (or $100 for supermarket) in a single receipt at participating outlets
|Kallang Wave Mall
|$50 (or $100 at FairPrice Xtra) for 2-hour free parking from 11 am to 4 pm
|$50 for 2-hour free parking
|$30 for a free $3 parking coupon.
Smart Tips for Free Parking Singapore
Saving a little money goes a long way! Here’s what you can do to enjoy free parking in Singapore.
- Look for residential areas. Parking spaces in residential areas are often free or inexpensive because residents have already paid for parking through their monthly condo fees.
- Look for businesses with ample parking. Many businesses, such as supermarkets and hotels, have parking lots available for customers to use. For example, Orchard Central parking is costly, but you can also leave your car at Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre for just $1.20/ hour.
- Use street parking. Street parking is usually more expensive than off-street parking, but it can still be cheaper than parking in a commercial parking lot.
- Use off-peak hours. If you are willing to park during off-peak hours, you will often find cheaper rates. For example, many parking lots offer discounted rates after 6 pm.
- Look for coupons or discount cards. You can often find coupons in local newspapers or magazines. You can also sign up for discount cards that can be used at various parking lots.
Whether you want to enjoy a day out with your family or want to cover past parking fees, we’re just a click away.
Apply via Singpass here.
About Lending Bee
In a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world, you can count on one thing – your partner in credit, Lending Bee. Just like an industrious bee, we are committed to helping each and every customer access credit – quickly, easily and seamlessly.