Medical emergency? Home upgrade? Home renovation? Debt consolidation?
Regardless of your needs, licensed moneylenders’ wide range of personal loans will be able to help you tide over any financial emergencies that may arise.
With an exhaustive range of personal loans, it is important to decide on the one that fits you best.
The 10 Different Kind Of Loans You Can Apply For With Licensed Money Lenders
We have broken down the top 10 most common types of loans in Singapore:
1. Personal Loan
Personal loans are especially prevalent in Singapore. Most Singaporeans would probably have taken a personal loan at least once in their lifetimes.
You can get one from a bank, your credit union, or a licensed money lender.
While getting credit from banks come with lower interest rates, their requirements are incredibly stringent. This means that the approval process can be painstakingly long.
The benefits of getting a personal loan include:
- Bigger revenues. You can borrow up to $300,000 with our personal loans.
- Lower interest rates. We understand that different individuals have varying financial capabilities. This is why we strive to keep our interest rates as low as possible. Lending Bee offers personal loans with interest rates starting from 1%.
- Time and effort taken to apply for a personal loan is greatly reduced. Lending Bee allows customers to apply via their SingPass, which speeds up the entire loan process, ensuring that you receive your money as soon as possible.
You can use your personal loan for anything you want, including:
- Credit card or debt consolidation plans
- Medical procedures
- New electronics
- Auto refinancing
At Lending Bee, we believe that personal loans should be easily accessible to all. This is why we have provided thousands of personal loans to satisfied borrowers.As we are a licensed money lender, you will not have to worry about exorbitant interest rates and loan rejections anymore.
2. Fast Cash Loan
Fast cash loans, also known as instant cash loans, are commonly used to see you through any financial emergency you might face till your next paycheck. Usually, the amount of money borrowers take out for a fast cash loan is lesser than usual.
This is given that the loan tenures for fast cash loans are relatively shorter. The maximum amount you can borrow is dependent on your monthly income.
So, if you’re in a financial bind and need fast cash, it’s best to contact a trustworthy and licensed moneylender.
- Your application can be approved with cash disbursed within 30 minutes
- You can borrow up to 6 times your monthly salary
- The eligibility chances are close to 100%, as long as you have a steady income
- Your credit score doesn’t matter
A fast cash loan can be used in situations such as:
- Paying your bills
- Paying some late loan installments
- Securing rent
- An impromptu trip
- Quick repairs around the house
- An emergency medical procedure
3. Emergency Loan
Emergency loans are unsecured personal loans that people usually take for unforeseen events. Their flexibility makes them increasingly popular with borrowers to solve their pressing needs.
As a licensed money lender, Lending Bee prides ourselves in our fast approval rates and quick loan disbursement. So, if you have limited savings and can’t pay for unforeseen costs, our emergency loans feature these advantages:
- Affordable interest rates starting from 1%
- Loan approval and cash disbursement within 30 minutes
- Flexible tenures that vary between two to thirty-six months, with transparent monthly instalments
- You’re not restricted to a single purpose, such as Education loans
- Solve an urgent issue that impacts your physical and mental health, and increase your productivity
Most people take emergency loans to:
- Get out of more debt in the long-term, by repaying late loan instalments
- Paying medical bills
- Late or unforeseen bills
- Upfront rental payments
- Car repairs
- Pest control
- Medical emergency
- Unforeseen funeral
4. Home Renovation Loan
Home renovations can be physically draining but exciting at the same time. You’ll get to upgrade and beautify to your humble abode.
With a home renovation loan, you’ll be able to fund the improvements in your home.
Lending Bee’s home renovation loans offer large principal amounts, up to $100,000, depending on what your property needs. For instance, a typical renovation cost for Built To Order (BTO) flats will set you back by about $30,000 – $60,000.
- Large borrowing limit
- Greatly improve the look and feel of your home
- Increase the value of your home
- You’ll get your money in one lump sum for the necessary renovation works
You can use this loan for:
- Electrical and wiring jobs
- Exterior works
- Structural alteration
5. Wedding Loan
As a child, you might have envisioned your dream wedding. After all, a wedding is a celebration of both unity and love.
That said, weddings in Singapore are a costly affair. In most cases, couples tend to shave off some things here and there, just to save costs on the wedding. However, there is only so much you can save on.
With a wedding loan from Lending Bee, you’ll be able to have the wedding of your dreams, all while making comfortable repayments.
Here are some of the benefits of applying for a wedding loan with Lending Bee:
- Flexible loan tenures of up to 36 months
- More massive revenues up to six times your monthly income
- You can enjoy the wedding of your dreams
- You won’t need to ask your family for help
- You can focus on the big day
You can use this loan for:
- Betrothal gifts
- Bridal package
- Fire ceremony
- Gifts for Merisik
- Guo Da Li
- Marriage course
- Marriage registration
- Professional photography and videotaping
- Red packets
- Sirih Dara
- Solemnising the wedding
- Wedding rings
6. Bad Credit Score Loan
Banks in Singapore usually reject applications coming from people with bad credit scores.
However, fret not as all hope is not lost.
Most licensed moneylenders in Singapore tend to have lower barriers to entry. This means that they are able to approve your loan application even if you have a less than ideal credit score.
That said, as low credit score indicates a higher probability to default on your loan, these moneylenders may impose shorter tenures, larger interest rates, and smaller revenues.
Before you get turned away, you’ll be glad to know that at Lending Bee, we are different.
Lending Bee has specially tailored our very own bad credit score loan. These are suitable for those constantly rejected by banks and credit unions, but require fast financial assistance.
We will not outrightly reject you due to your poor credit score. Instead, we will carefully access your current financial situation and tailor a financial package just for you.
The benefits of a fast cash loan from Lending Bee licensed money lender include:
- You won’t face immediate rejection simply due to your bad credit score
- Streamlined online application
- Fast cash disbursement once your loan is approved
- Longer tenures up to 36 months
- More massive revenues usually up to six times your monthly income
- Low interest rate from 1%
- No required collateral
- 100% confidential application
You can use this loan for:
- Medical emergencies
- Children’s education fees
- Vacation expenses
- Rent and other bills caused by delayed salary
7. Credit Card Consolidation Loan
A credit card consolidation loan from a licensed money lender can be extremely helpful if you suffer from immense credit card debt.
Such incidents are very common. We often have borrowers looking to get a personal loan to solve their credit card debt that they have amassed from applying for too many credit cards.
Anyone can find themselves in this situation because credit cards come with substantial interest rates of an average of 25% per year.
Lots of Singaporeans still fall for getting credit card loans because they want to avoid taking out a personal loan from licensed moneylenders, who still have some stigma around them.
However, licensed money lenders like Lending Bee offer considerable revenues, transparent fees, and interest rates starting from 12% per year.
So, if you have significant debt from lots of credit cards, a licensed money lender will help you repay this debt so that you won’t have to pay huge interest anymore. Following which, you’ll only need to pay one monthly instalment at a lower rate to the moneylender.
- You’ll stop the downward spiral into more debt
- You can stop your credit score from deteriorating
- You’ll get a more flexible repayment schedule
- Lower interest rates
8. Business Loan
Need additional business funding to upgrade your inventory, help with cash flow management, or simply to bring your business to greater heights?
Business loans are usually taken by companies who want to achieve their business goals. Just like with any other financial product, you’ll need to repay it in monthly instalments, with interest, during the agreed loan tenure.
You can get business funding from traditional lending institutions, like banks, or a licensed money lender.
Here’s the main difference:
A business loan from Lending Bee will provide you with the necessary funding you need, fast.
The entire loan process is much quicker, and we can better tailor a loan to suit your business needs.
The benefits of a business loan include:
- You can expand your company now without waiting for the perfect market conditions.
- You can use your money to gain a competitive edge and profit from current market trends.
- You can build your creditworthiness and be eligible for more significant revenues in the future.
You can use this business loan for:
- Unexpected expenses
- Renovating your business premise
- Pay your suppliers or bills
- Recruit new employees
- Help cash flow
9. Education / Self-Upgrading Loan
You’re never too old to stop learning. There may come a point in life where we wish to pursue higher education, or pick up a new skill.
However, some of us might not have the financial capacity to reach our goals.
Lending Bee licensed money lender offers affordable educational / self-upgrading loans, tailored to help you make that progress in life.
With an education loan from Lending Bee, you’ll be able to personalize a comfortable loan tenure that suits you best. This way, you’ll not have to worry about hefty monthly repayments.
- You’ll be able to upgrade and improve your skills
- Low interest starting from 1%
- Quick and fast approval
- Easy-to-pass eligibility requirements
However, you can only use this credit for education-related purposes, not other expenses.
Here’s what most people pay for using this money:
- Tuition fees
- Books and other research/course materials
- Exchange programs
10. Medical Emergency Loan
Medical emergency loans are quick loans you can get to pay for an urgent medical issue or hospitalisation. If you don’t have an emergency fund or any savings, a medical emergency loan ensures you benefit from quality medical care.
Everyone’s entitled to that.
When a medical emergency strikes, medical attention is needed immediately. More often than not, medical bills can easily run into tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Lending Bee’s medical emergency loan can come in extremely handy during such critical moments.
Benefits of a medical emergency loan include:
- Easy online application & fast loan approval process
- Flexible repayment tenures up to 36 months
- Peace of mind while you’re recovering
- Access to top medical care
You can use a medical emergency loan from Lending Bee for:
- Ambulance costs
- Consultation costs
- Medical tests
- Post-surgical care
- Treatment and medication
Additional Notes To Read Before Borrowing:
Beware Of Loan Scam Websites Out There
A loan scam is an illegal, fraudulent scheme to steal money from innocent people.
Scammers prey on unsuspecting consumers, cheating them of their hard-earned money.
Usually, the scammers will approach you using:
- Text messages
- Cold calls
- WhatsApp messages
- Any available messaging app
They will send you messages offering their “loan services”.
They might claim that they have very good loan promotions and that they’re a licensed moneylender.
Loan scammers use intelligent methods to cheat the unsuspecting. It is also known as Identity Theft.
Based on police reports, some of these con artists have claimed to be from legitimate licensed moneylenders. They copied actual websites and made use of a legal moneylender’s name to deceive others.
There are different types of loan scams that you can fall for:
- Some scam artists ask for money transfers or deposits before disbursing your loan. They claim that they need you to prove your identity or your reliability before approving your requested credit. After you’ve transferred the money, they might ask for more and in the end, you will never receive your money.
- Other scammers that aim for long-term profits will require your bank account or SingPass details so that they can blackmail you. Your SingPass details are confidential and you should never share them with anyone. They allow you to access your CPF account, citizenship, government benefits and more.
- Some perpetrators will threaten, harass, or physically harm you to get more money in the long run or to return your ID.
- Some loan scammers can send you PDF documents that are supposedly from the Ministry of Law or the Monetary Authority in Singapore. They accompany these fake documents by a seemingly formal notice that you should pay a deposit sum and a percentage of GST for your loan before approval. This scam usually works if you have already applied for a loan and are waiting for the bank’s reply. These days, almost anyone can recreate a PDF document that looks seemingly real.
Also, there are different types of scams based on the channels that the fraudsters use:
- Social media ads (loan advertisements you see on Facebook and Instagram)
- SMS or WhatsApp texts
- Fake business websites that are replicated from the actual financial institutions
The Singapore Police warns the public that these loan scams are very dangerous and linked to unlicensed moneylending. In 2019, Singaporeans reported 1700 cases of loan scams, but chances are a lot more are afraid to speak up.
According to the police, the amount of money lost adds up to $6.8 million.
How Do I Identify & Avoid Loan Scams?
Loan scams are dangerous. Citizens can learn to protect themselves from the scams by being vigilant.
Here are the signs:
- Pushy advertising. Legal creditors such as licensed moneylenders will never send you texts to advertise their business. The Ministry of Law only allows moneylenders to advertise on their official website, on consumer or business reports, and in the company’s physical premises.
- Fake business websites. Before applying through any website, make sure that the creditor is licensed in the Ministry of Law’s Registry of Moneylenders. The good news is that this list is updated regularly to ensure that all of the information is accurate.
- Fuss-free loans with no verification. Even if a lot of licensed moneylenders in Singapore grant quick loans, legal creditors are obliged by the law to verify your identity at their approved place of business. Conversely, scam artists approve your application remotely. In other words, if they claim to be able to approve your loan application through online platforms or via text messages, that you do not need to visit the shop and then transfer you the money immediately, it is a scam.
- Pre-approval fees. All legal moneylenders in Singapore have transparent expenses. The only fee you’re required to pay apart from interest and instalments is the administrative fee, which can’t be more than 10% of the principal loan amount. You’ll pay this fee after your credit is approved. It is usually deducted from your credit. You may also have to pay late disbursement expenses, but only if you don’t make prompt repayments.
- Request for private information. Scam artists may request bank account number, SingPass and NRIC details.
Do Licensed Moneylenders Harass Borrowers In Singapore?
No, licensed moneylenders don’t harass borrowers in Singapore. They will never do so and risk having their license revoked.
The Professional Handbook for Licensed Moneylenders has a special section called Professional Debt Recovery Practices.
According to this document, the debt collector has to “advise the borrower convincingly, reducing chances of a dispute”.
Under the Unprofessional Debt Recovery Practices, this handbook includes various intimidation tactics that licensed moneylenders are not allowed to apply in any circumstance:
- Humiliating the borrower with any anti-social behaviour
- Displaying letters of demand or pictures on your residence
- Persistent calls or texts
- Following your family members, colleagues, or friends
- Following you at your place of work
- Taking financial matters up with your employer
- Anonymous calls
- Using monikers
- Causing hurt
- Using force
- Harassing you on social media platforms
- Abusive or vulgar language
Besides, licensed moneylenders are also obliged to follow a precise etiquette for telephone calls and serving letters of demand. They are professional financial institutions who oblige to the law closely.
What Are The Interest Rates Licensed Moneylenders Charge, Maximum/Minimum Repayment Period, And A Sample Representation?
It is always wise to do your due diligence before borrowing money. This prevents you from falling into the trap set by scammers.
The interest rates that moneylenders charge vary from 1% to 4%. They are not allowed to charge interest rates of more than 4%.
The final interest depends on your credit score, the amount you borrow, your loan tenure/duration and whether you take up a secured or unsecured loan.
Secured loans require collateral while unsecured loans do not. You get to borrow money without providing any security.
The repayment period usually varies between 1 to 36 months.
A sample representation would look like this:
|Principal Loan Amount||$15,000|
|Annual Percentage Rate of Charge (APR)||18%|
|Total Interest Payable Per Year Excluding Loan Principle||$1,502.40|
Who Can Apply For A Loan From Licensed Moneylenders And How Much Can They Apply?
If you want to apply for a personal loan, you have to be at least 21 years old.
Although moneylenders don’t usually involve a maximum age requirement, some financial institutions in Singapore only grant loans to people who are topmost 65 years old.
A minimum annual income is not required.
Note: Some banks and licensed moneylenders only grant loans to Singaporean citizens and Permanent Residents. If you’re a foreigner, you’ll need to apply for a specific personal loan for foreigners or provide more documentation.
Other eligibility requirements include:
- Proof of identity (NRIC, passport)
Proof of income (CPF / bank statements)
The maximum loan amount varies depending on your income and credit score, as follows:
|Borrower’s Annual Income||Singaporeans And Permanent Residents||Foreigners Residing In Singapore|
|Over $20,000||Six times monthly income||Six times monthly income|
Based on the above table, you will be able to borrow several thousands from licensed money lenders for any purpose. It could be for medical emergencies, personal reasons, education courses, home renovations and more.
If you require a larger loan amount to purchase an item or a property, licensed moneylenders like Lending Bee is able to help as well.
As a licensed money lender, Lending Bee offers secured personal loans just like banks, where you can borrow up to $2,000,000 for any of your needs. Click here to apply.
Are Licensed Moneylenders In Singapore Safe?
Yes, licensed moneylenders are safe because their practices are regulated by the Ministry of Law to reduce fraud and to guarantee fair conditions for borrowers.
For instance, in October 2015, the Ministry of Law imposed the maximum interest rate of 4% per year. Before that time, the interest rates were as high as 20-30% because moneylenders used a different calculation technique.
This move definitely made interest rates much more manageable.
Besides, the Ministry of Law regularly updates its requirements and keeps moneylenders under constant scrutiny. MinLaw introduced the latest such regulations in 2018.
Hence, licensed moneylending is safe because it’s a legal practice that follows a specific set of laws and regulations.
Note: The Ministry of Law enforces these regulations and punishes the moneylenders that break the law.
But, how do I know that the money lender is safe?
- Check their details on the official list of moneylenders on the Ministry of Law’s website. This list is continuously updated, so all licensed moneylenders should appear there.
- Money lenders aren’t supposed to pester you. They’re not allowed to send you text ads, and they shouldn’t call third parties about your loans. They cannot reach you through social media channels or text messages.
- Licensed moneylenders have transparent fees. You’re only supposed to pay a maximum 10% administrative fee after they’ve disbursed your loan. Other costs include a topmost 4% interest rate per month and top $60/month for your late payments if any.
- Licensed moneylenders will present you with complete contracts, and they’ll explain all the terms and conditions carefully. That way, you won’t sign something that you don’t understand. Remember to keep a copy of all documents for your records.
- Licensed moneylenders offer top-notch customer support. If you can’t pay the monthly installments, they’re willing to renegotiate and offer more flexible repayment terms. Besides, they’re open to mediation before taking any legal action against you. They are often more willing to lend a listening ear. A moneylender will never use illegal or unethical practices to recuperate their loan.
- Licensed moneylenders exercise due diligence. They will only approve your requested amount and transfer the money after meeting with you in person at their place of business, plus they won’t ask to retain your ID. They will follow the procedures required by the government.
Where Can I Apply For A Personal Loan In Singapore?
If you check the official list of money lenders in Singapore, you’ll see there’s a substantial pool with over 150 licensed money lenders.
Although all offer legal personal loans and respect the same standard procedures, only a few are best for your needs.
We mean that some licensed moneylenders are able to offer low interest rates of 1%, or online loan applications that only take 5 minutes.
Depending on their capital, cash flow, and overall success, these licensed moneylenders specialise in different types of loans. Consequently, they’ll have other eligibility criteria and repayment schedules.
Plus, if a certain moneylender isn’t too successful, they might employ staff with less expertise that aren’t that good with customer support.
And here’s another thing:
Individual moneylenders may follow a low-risk philosophy if they have low capital backings.
For you, that means higher interest rates and shorter tenures, plus stricter requirements.
So, if you’re looking for a loan, your best bet is to choose Lending Bee.
Lending Bee is a subsidiary of Credit 21, so it has a significant enough capital backing to offer personalised loans even to people with poor credit.
Lending Bee is the ONLY licensed moneylender in Singapore with FOUR outlets. It is not easy to attain such a licence and the financial institution needs large capital as well as support. It has to have a positive and satisfied customer base.
Lending Bee is also one of the six licensed money lender firms chosen to pilot alternative business models for money lending.
We have also leveraged on the latest technology and digitalised at least 75% of our system. With this, we save precious time for both our customers and for ourselves. Applications have been shortened from 30 minutes to less than 5 minutes. Customer replies can also be made within seconds, offering the best customer service possible.
We are located at Orchard, Toa Payoh, Jurong East and Bedok. Click here for Lending Bee’s addresses.
Here’s A Loan Sample For You
Let’s look at the interest and rates if you were to borrow a sum of $10,000.
|Total Amount Borrowed: $10,000 (12 months)|
As you can see, the interest is capped at 4% and is decreasing each month because it’s calculated from the remaining loan amount.
As a result, your loan instalments are fixed so that you can plan your budget better and have a sense of constancy.
Choosing Lending Bee: One Of The Six New Firms Piloting The New Moneylending Model In Singapore
In a bid to better the moneylending landscape in Singapore, MinLaw approved just six money lenders to use their innovative business models in 2018.
Lending Bee is honoured to be one of the chosen firms.
And the certification is, as you can deduce, not easy to get.
You know that the current inflation in Singapore increases living expenses. That’s why you’re likely to go through financial problems that demand additional cash.
And, if your credit score isn’t the best, chances are you won’t qualify for a personal loan from most financial institutions.
Being judged by your credit score and having your trustworthiness challenged based on a number can feel unfair.
That’s why we’re different.
Thanks to this piloting model, we at Lending Bee use psychometric data along traditional information to assess if you can repay the borrowed amount.
Our algorithm takes into account personal digital data to assess your personality and to figure out if you’re likely to default on your loan. Your character, and not your credit score, is the decisive factor on your willingness to repay your borrowed amount.
- Low interest rate from 1%
- Personalised financial assistance
- Accessible loans even for people with low credit or low annual income
- Enhanced convenience – you can check on your loan statement via our very own mobile app
What Makes Lending Bee Different And How Do You Benefit?
Comparing all the 150+ money lenders in Singapore is difficult.
Contrasting repayment schedules, fees, and criteria is a lengthy process that also requires pre-existing financial knowledge. You’ll need to understand your needs, your credit history and then choose the best personal loan that suits those needs and history.
So we’ll just cut to the chase and tell you 10 things which makes Lending Bee different compared to other money lenders:
1. Lending Bee has received thousands of positive customer reviews with majority being 5-star reviews. We aim to provide the best financial service to our customers and try our best to meet their needs. Receiving frequent positive reviews from our customers is the result of our consistent effort and hard work.
2. We have developed a mobile application to facilitate loan applications and to check on individual profiles. This app makes it easier to keep track of repayments and remaining loan tenures.
3. Borrowers can easily apply for a loan via Lending Bee’s mobile application. With just a few taps, you can submit your application form in minutes!
4. Lending Bee allows customers to apply via their SingPass, reducing the time and effort needed to apply. This method also shows that Lending Bee is a reliable financial institution as obtaining SingPass details requires the government’s approval.
5. We offer monthly repayments at meagre interest rates, allowing us to be more competitive than our fellow creditors.
6. We’re one of the six moneylenders in Singapore to implement an innovative pilot model that judges your willingness to repay your loans according to your personality, not your credit score.
7. We’re one of the few moneylenders in Singapore that have devised a personal loan for bad credit tailored explicitly for people with low credit scores.
8. We offer quick cash disbursement. You can fill in your application in three minutes, and then arrange a face-to-face meeting in our office for due diligence within the same day. If you have all the necessary documentation, you can receive your cash on the spot.
9. Our loan officers are experts in the fields. Lending Bee has been a trustworthy money lender since its beginning in 2005. During these years, we always strived to improve our business models and to find the best solutions for you. As a licensed money lender, we’ve hired expert financial staff that understands the importance of self-actualisation. Our specialist customer support helped over 42,000 people to find their way out of murky financial situations through customised loans and affordable rates.
10. We believe people are more than numbers. Our officers understand that they’re dealing with people, which is why they’re active listeners and trustworthy advisors. We strive to understand each customer that comes into our office so that we can tailor effective financial solutions. Besides, we know that getting a loan can be daunting, which is why we’ll guide you step-by-step through the entire process and come up with the best solution for your financial needs.
About Ashley Sim
Calling herself a “professional multi-tasker”, Ashley worked as a relationship manager in a bank for five years. She left her job just before the pandemic happened and became a freelance writer for about a year. Now, she’s making the most of her love for writing and knowledge of the banking and financial industry in her role as a content marketing lead. She hopes to help people make better financial decisions through her content and campaigns.