Singaporeans love a good deal, and the government knows it. That’s why they’re giving out $100 worth of CDC vouchers to all households from May 11th, 2022.
That’s right. You can now claim two sets of $100 vouchers, one for 2021 (if you haven’t used it) and one for 2022. When do the CDC vouchers expire? And if that’s not enough, you can use them until December 31st, 2022.
So go ahead and treat yourself to some new clothes, a nice meal or a well-deserved vacation. Just don’t forget to use your CDC vouchers before they expire!
This is a great help especially when we are short on cash.
When we are short on cash, taking a loan to help the situation is an alternative too. But first, keep reading below to find out who is eligible for these CDC vouchers, how to redeem yours, and where you can use them.
What Is the CDC Vouchers Scheme?
The CDC Vouchers Scheme was first launched in June 2020 to help residents with daily expenses and boost local businesses impacted by COVID-19. The CDC vouchers are e-vouchers that can be redeemed at participating local merchants and hawkers in Singapore.
Unsurprisingly, the scheme was well-received. So, it was announced that more CDC vouchers would be distributed in the upcoming months.
Luckily, they never stopped coming:
The CDC vouchers are a welcome relief for many households as they provide some financial assistance with daily expenses. When spending increases, gross domestic product (GDP) will increase, benefitting both residents and businesses in Singapore.
So, Who Is Eligible for the CDC Vouchers in Singapore?
Everyone in Singapore is eligible for the $100 worth of vouchers. Although the scheme was initially thought of as help for disadvantaged families, the boon now extends to everyone.
That gives you an essential insight into the scheme: The CDC voucher redemption is meant to help local businesses, not local people.
$100 for the whole year is a measly help even for the lowest-income categories. But $100 for the 1.37 million households in Singapore means $137 million infused in our economy.
That translates into fewer retrenchments or dismissals.
Of course, the CDC Vouchers Scheme has to be judged in the context of other government assistance programmes, both for residents and local businesses.
But so far, the scheme means you have $100 – or maybe $200 if you haven’t used your 2021 voucher – to spend for the good of our community. How can you collect your CDC vouchers? Let’s see where you can start:
How Do I Collect My CDC Vouchers?
You can redeem CDC vouchers until December 31st, 2022.
To redeem your CDC voucher, go to the go.gov.sg CDC Voucher Website. Remember that this year you’re getting an e-Voucher, so the process is relatively straightforward:
- Click on this link to get to the voucher website.
- Log in using your SingPass.
- Fill in your phone number.
- The website will send an automatic message with an OTP number to verify your phone number.
- If you key in the correct phone number, the website will send you a link for the CDC voucher redemption. Click on it to claim the $100.
Don’t have a smartphone?
Don’t despair. Go to the closest community centre and the people there will help you quickly.
Warning: CDC vouchers are helpful, but they’re not perfect. Here’s what you should be wary of:
- The voucher scheme addresses households, not individuals. That means you get $100 for the whole family.
- You get fixed denominations of $2, $5, and $10. So, if you have a $9 purchase, use two $2 bills and one $5 bill. If you use one $10 bill, you won’t get any change back. Don’t waste any money!
- You can share your voucher with other people in your family. You have to click on the “Share My Vouchers” option on the CDC Vouchers website to get a shareable link. This is great especially if the entire family is dining out or shopping together.
Where Can I Use My CDC Vouchers At?
After CDC voucher redemption, you can begin your shopping spree at the 3,000+ participating merchants on the island, such as:
- Hawker and wet markets
- Hardware and repair shops
- Beauty salons
- Clothes shops
- Medical centres
- Dry cleaning
- Pet shops
- And more
Pro tip: The participating partners display specific decals in their window shops or on the hawker stall. If you’re still unsure, it’s best to ask upfront.
Here’s how you can pay:
- Choose the right amount that covers your purchase, using the fixed denominations. Remember that the vouchers don’t give back change.
- Show the generated QR code to your seller.
- After they scan the code, you’re good to go.
Claim Your CDC Vouchers Before They Expire
When the CDC announced that they would be giving out $100 vouchers to offset the COVID-19 monetary effects, people were thrilled! After all, Singaporeans love free stuff!
However, the vouchers can actually be quite valuable.
You can redeem them seamlessly and use them across the island at many merchants. Get a new pair of sneakers or take your partner out for a romantic dinner – the world is your oyster.
$100 will not cover everything, but it can ease the financial burden for many families. If you need more help, Lending Bee is always happy to assist.
We offer customizable loans starting from 1% interest. Better yet, Lending Bee is one of the few lenders in Singapore that has a FinTech Licence. We also have lifestage loans for families in Singapore.
Read our reviews or apply here.
About Lending Bee
In a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world, you can count on one thing – your partner in credit, Lending Bee. Just like an industrious bee, we are committed to helping each and every customer access credit – quickly, easily and seamlessly.